Passionate about good acoustics and creating stunning interiors is what our business is all about and we are now excited to be looking for someone to join our expanding team in Wakefield.
In brief you will be working across two businesses (both of which operate within the interiors sector of the construction industry) where you will be a part of our estimating team.
A busy and varied role where you will take control of a number of incoming main contractor tenders from start to finish.
Our businesses work with a variety of clients and manufacturers of which you will need to be able to familiar with or have the ability to become accustomed to dealing with to ensure we as a business can offer and maintain a high level of customer service.
You will be working in a busy office where we feel it is important to have fun whilst being extremely productive.
- Monitor relevant planning authority web sites to identify work opportunities
- Pursue opportunities to obtain tender documents
- Completion and submission of PQQs
- Maintain and form relationships with manufacturers and clients
- Maintain a sub-contract data base
- Maintain a material supplier’s database
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare a tender
- Take off quantities
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- Across the businesses you will be pricing of SFS, internal finishes including, dry lining, plastering, GRG moulding’s, acoustic performance products such as timber systems and soft cell systems, suspended ceilings, Acoustic & Fire protection, air seal and testing
- Complete tender documents for submission
- Prepare specifications and/or contractors proposal’s
- Submit tenders and follow up
- Post tender negotiation’s
- Handover of successful projects to the management team & assist where required throughout the project
This is a very important role and as important as the experience and relevant qualifications are, we need to find a person that is a driven team player who can buy into our team approach and someone who enjoy’s getting results from their work
- Degree calibre, or suitably experience Skills
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the construction industry
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement
- Driving licence
- Good IT skills -particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of personal motivation
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work as part of a close knit team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously – both short and long term.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
- Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with clients and their design team
- Good negotiator
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging and important position
- Enterprising and Commercial Approach
- A Planned Approach
- Taking Responsibility
- Customer Focus
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
Salary: Dependent on experience