Passionate about good acoustics and creating stunning interiors is what our business is all about and we are now excited to be looking for someone to join our expanding team in Wakefield.
In brief you will be part of our estimating and business development team who oversee jobs from enquiry to completion.
A busy and varied role where you will be learning the important role of estimationg and commercial, this department takes control of a number of incoming main contractor tenders and client direct enquiries from start to finish.
Our businesses work with a variety of clients and manufacturers of which you will become familiar with as part of your ongoing training and will have the ability to become accustomed to dealing with to ensure we as a business can offer and maintain a high level of customer service.
You will be working in a busy office where we feel it is important to have fun whilst being extremely productive.
Key Responsibilities (of which you will be learning and trained)
- Monitor relevant planning authority web sites to identify work opportunities
- Pursue opportunities to obtain tender documents
- Completion and submission of PQQs (pre qualification questionnaires)
- Maintain and form relationships with manufacturers and clients
- Develop and assist our clients with their requirements and guide them to the correct product type
- Maintain a sub-contract data base
- Maintain a material supplier’s database
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare a tender
- Take off quantities
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- You will be pricing a variety of acoustic related products
- Complete tender documents for submission
- Prepare specifications and/or contractors proposal’s
- Submit tenders and follow up
- Post tender negotiation’s
- Handover of successful projects to the management team & assist where required throughout the project
- Commercial tasks including project valuations
This is a very important role and as important as the experience and we need to find a person that is a driven team player who can buy into our team approach, culture and someone who enjoy’s getting results from their work.
As as trainee, you must want to learn and be ambitious to progress this for a long term career
- A Level or College level education
- Some knowledge of standard forms of measurement
- Some construction related knowledge or experience
- Business development skills/experience
- Driving licence
- Good IT skills -particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of personal motivation
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work as part of a close knit team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously – both short and long term.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
- Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with clients and their design team
- Good negotiator
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging and important position
- Leadership or potential to grow into a leadership role
- Enterprising and Commercial Approach
- A Planned Approach
- Taking Responsibility
- Customer Focus
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org