Contracts Manager Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our group of companies of which offer a variety of interior construction solutions from Acoustics to SFS typically within the education, leisure and commercial sectors with contract values of around £0.2 – £2m.
As Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the successful operational delivery of Projects ensuring safety, installation quality and that we achieve completion within or better than the contracted timescales, with a proactive approach to helping clients and within budget.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the operational delivery side of the projects and will report directly to the Operations Director, whilst working with a team of Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, and the installation teams.
- Provide leadership, direction and detailed support to the delivery team along with internal installers and subcontractors to deliver high quality projects on time and to budget.
- Develop programmes and labour planning that work in line with the Supply chain.
- Review resource that correlate with the site installation and overall contract programme for planning, coordination, and control of the operational delivery.
- Support the commercial in the management of the procurement of subcontract packages identifying key dates of when packages need to be placed.
- Ensure that the company HSEQ integrated management systems are implemented and embraced by the workforce and supply chain and ensuring that adequate resources are available to the business to support HSEQ needs.
- Present monthly progress reports on forth coming and current projects.
- Performance manage site & project managers identifying and monitoring their KPI’s.
- Propose, prepare and execute initiatives to enhance profitability managing risk in a collaborative manner with the whole delivery team.
- Assist commercial colleagues to prepare monthly interim valuations and settle the final accounts – both Client and subcontractors.
- Attend site meetings to monitor progress and report on the outcome.
- Working with third parties to ensure that everyone understands their roles and responsibilities
- Making sure construction projects meet the agreed technical standards including any preceding works.
- Liaising with technical and financial staff, sub-contractors, legal teams and the client’s own representatives
- Ensure managers are off hiring plant and monitoring equipment and use.
- Previous Contracts Manager / Project Manager or similar experience
- Preferably have experience of managing numerous contracts that vary in value.
- Preferably qualified to degree level or can demonstrate relevant attributes/experience/training.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability form relationships and manage a diverse group of skilled operatives.
- The works are with a wide range of clients from large main contractors to private clients but a commercial skills.
- Experience in a variety of packages primarily lay in grid ceilings, acoustic absorption products, sound proofing and partitions.
- Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £TBC + Car & Benefits Package
Location: Wakefield with National Travel
Please get in touch via email@example.com